Thursday, August 22, 2013

the animal on your side


sarah tells me that she absorbed some of my energy while doing a massage on me yesterday. my mind was heavy and she felt it. a few hours after, she felt lethargic, melancholy, grey like the rain today.

sarah does swedish massage. her love for massage is clearer than any word she could use to describe it. as much as my mind was racing, i couldn't help but be pleasantly surprised over and over by her seamless technique, subtle and extraordinary. her fingers gently threaded through my spine, reinforcing my rooting in the world beyond cities of clocks, banks, cops and robbers.

we may have had a transference of energy, my weight was lightened by her meditation and vice versa.

today she revealed the gravity that i gave her, that she dragged through her work day with. she told me to troubleshoot with me, to share the process of letting go. a reiki master that she has received treatment from uses an imaginary animal to let go.

the reiki master has a wolf by his feet. while the master is conducting the energy work, he is absorbing energy. and when the session is over, he lets the wolf take it and run and release it, where it does.

may sound weird, crazy, silly, but it made a lot of sense to me. we need techniques to balance, to tap into life beyond our limited scope of understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment