Thursday, October 2, 2014

99 names: ar-Rahim: the All Beneficient


in the name of ALLAH...

looked up beneficient. dictionary.com, websters, google, all define the word as one who is generous, who does good works, or who causes good to happen. 

ar-Rahim is the attribute of giving, of faciltating the shine of others, to grow them closer to their true Light. 

ar-Rahim, the Most Benefieient, suggests Quiet, requires the Quiet giving of air from trees, of the endles well of water from rivers...

ar-Rahim works in Quiet, in providing us sunlight, water, soil, air - resources for us to sustain ourselves from, resources that make everything we have possible. all praise is due...

as an attribute for the aspirant of surrender (islam). towards becoming One with the One, ar-Rahim happens through doing works of good, causing good to happen without a mic or a stage. 

ar-Rahim opens a shadow path for those who stand back stage and make the guitar weep in worship of Surrender, while musicians in the limelight of salivating audiences, tap into higher frequencies only to reinforce emotion, to grow us further in our attachments to the illusion. 

ar-Rahim is backstage like my brother - 1-who-Knows. 

my brother is ar-Rahim in his action, got it from my pops whose been motivating the bangli/indian community to do about arsenic in water,  acid in the sky and on the faces of young women attacked by dhaka-goondas. my pops, who has been walking up and down subway stairs from astoria to midtown to borough hall to crown hieghts to harlem, in the grind for a more harmious union, since the days of the double RR train, since when fares and pizza were .75 cents and the summer of sam found him focused on path to write articles exposing famine, genocide, politricknology. 

i see ar-Rahim in my pops, even as i struggled with cool, and imagery and judged his out-ness. my pops wears his pants high, like urkel, like he'd been hit with one too many floods. his hands are usually at his side or in prayer position, holding a book on climate change, subhash chandra bose. when i am past cool, and have a quiet moment, my pops takes me to ar-Rahim, reminds me the lessons of the guru muhammad - what you give with your right hand, your left hand should not know about. 

my brother like my pops, moves in Quiet. when we see each other at our family apartment, his face looks as serene as it does from when i remember him as a shorty, pretty, empathetic, quiet.  he says little and draws me in to talking about me until i spill my guts out like i was talking to jesus. 

ah-Rahim is for the doers, the fearless warriors who from the discipline of warrior code - yama/niyama -yogum - Quranic prescriptions for the Surrenderer - align in Love through structures of scientific methodology. 

ar Rahim, is doing for Love for the sake of Love from the place of Love, and with the discipline of staying clear of spotlights and stages and interviews and groupies and excess income, that this path of the stage lends itself to. 

ar Rahim is in my tribe - smack who feeds dozens in his circle, without any of them knowing; kenny, who doesn't know how not to be giving even when his bank statements read in the negative; chino, who comes fom brooklyn to meet me in queens, stops by my parents crib to give my mom flowers and my pops a ride anywhere; my brother, 1-who-knows, whose works i only learn of from the stories of others who have tears in their eyes when they speak of him; of suzan, who even after seizures striking her down, continues to give unconditionally with every morsel of rice she has.  

ar Rahim is an aspiration. there are plenty of examples of being generous throug acts of kindness, love, giving without ulterior motive, without a concern for recognition. all praise is due...


1 comment:

  1. “The seeker after truth should be humbler than the dust. The world crushes the dust under its feet, but the seeker after truth should so humble himself that even the dust could crush him. Only then, and not till then, will he have a glimpse of truth.” ** Mahatma Gandhi, The Story of My Experiments With Truth

    ReplyDelete