Monday, December 2, 2013

day 1 of fast: new moon intentions


today the moon is between the earth and the sun, a new moon, a new moon - no moon in sight. silence is the lake of possibility, where what could becomes what is. the forest flourishes in silence.

today, my intention for this process of moon, earth and sun is that i walk my prayer through diligence, focus, discipline and Purposefulness. my dua is to hold a mobile apothecary/clinic, where i can serve/build with family community by way of yogum - ayurveda, herbs, writings - all aligned with the 1ness.  the hope, the first step/s is to facilitate healing, first within myself, within my family, then within community.

one of my spiritual teachers told me today that a man who is told he should be thankful can show thankfulness, but at the drop of a dime, he may growl and pit, as his core is rotten. to be genuinely thankful/loving, one must heal his rot. my intention is to do that this month, by cleaning out my organs, my skin, my mind and spirit.

intentions...

i intend to finish the remaining lessons of the foundations section in the herbalism course i am taking. i intend to have a materia medica for 25 common diseases that my family and i have bee prey to and 50-100 materia medica of corresponding herbs/foods/vitamins that can treat those and other diseases. i intend to revise/finish and submit 2 short stories. i intend to build my herbs collection. i intend to make various vitamin and dosha and ying yang based dishes for this month of detox, including fresh juices and broths. i intend to find a higher paying temporary job, while i work on uncovering meaningful study opportunities. i intend to grow into 8 asanas that i am currently struggling with, i intend to teach yoga and have a steady practice with teachers i respect. i intend on having herbal concoctions for flus, colds and other illnesses. i intend to deepen my meditation and pranayama practice. i intend to put in all the worshipful work necessary to make this happen. i intend to love...




2 comments:

  1. All of the above intentions ARE love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these goals of healing self & community are indeed intentions of love, so happy to be a part of your community...

    ReplyDelete