Thursday, December 5, 2013

day 4: warrior/worrier


between aspiring towards warrior codes devised by ancestry and worrying about not enough personal space/privacy/independence - i am in battlegrounds with myself vs myself, my ancient self and my modern self, my community movement and my hyper-individualisms.

with the setting of the sun i turn into a worrier, scratching my head about rent, job stuff, future stuff. discipline sets me free. i recall focus, hit the books. stay away from: gotta get that money, get that real estate, push that retail. but i slip, fall into the cracks of the internet after midnight like a grown orphan annie, looking at big houses and dream of cooking medicines, raising herbs, hanging with fam next door, and stepping to the corner to philosophize with the village i live in.

pipe dreams stay in a pipe in the crack of internet surfing, if there is no action to back it up. act. work.

prepared chard and yam for dinner, ate by 7:20. no more gorging of everything in the fridge after. i ate less yesterday. felt good. after a coffee in the morning i didn't eat till 2:30. felt good. body loved it. loved being a warrior. loved smelling all the deep fried goodies of the growing street food culture and walk on by, focused on the Deeper.


1 comment:

  1. we're complex. you're both warrior and worrier, and of course so much more :)

    ReplyDelete